BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS / GENERAL RULES
BOOKING AND PAYMENT POLICY
- The contract is stipulated between you and Scorpion – Movenpick hotel– Sham El Sheikh – South Sinai – Egypt -Commercial Registration Number: 552287040.
- We are responsible for providing and guaranteeing all your booked services. Once your booking is completed (after full payment), you will receive an email voucher with a full description of all the ordered services and payment made. You must print this out and present it at check-in at the Diving Centre.
- Any additional charge and extra-activity will have to be settled online, if ordered in advance, or at the diving center, if ordered on site.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you fulfill the necessary prerequisites to participate to the Scuba Diving activities you have booked, in accordance to your certification level and your logged dives.
Please note that:
- All divers included in your booking must hold a regular internationally recognized Scuba Diving certification. The certification card must be shown at the Diving Centre upon check-in.
- All divers have to be in good health and, in case of particular medical conditions, must bring with them a valid scuba diving medical certificate.
- At the check in, you will be asked by the Diving Centre to fill a “medical disclaimer” form (which can also be downloaded from the booking page of the online site). Whether you answer ”yes” to one or more questions of the medical form, in absence of any medical certification at your disposal, you will be requested to have a medical examination, to declare your health conditions are suitable for scuba diving activities; you can have medical examination directly on site (the service is upon payment).
CHANGES OR CANCELLATION OF PREBOOKED SERVICES
Cancellation due to COVID-19 :
In case of having a proof of a positive PCR test result prior to your arrival, there are two options:
- No penalty to be applied and the full refund to be issued (only bank fees will be charged).
- A credit note to be issued to be used during your rescheduled trip.
Change/Cancellation upon Diver’s decision:
- If you need to change/cancel any of your prebooked scuba diving activities once you have completed your booking and payment, we will do our best to facilitate the changes in accordance with your new request. It is your responsibility to send us a written request related to all needed changes.
- In cases of a “no show”, by any of the named clients in your booking due to “unforeseen circumstances” (any circumstance which is not foreseeable in any way and not known beforehand by the users), we will accept to change the user’s name, considering that all required conditions regarding prebooked services remain unchanged.
Please inform us at least two days before the expected check-in date about the ”new user name”.
- We need to receive, 24 hours before the beginning of your scuba diving activities, any information about flight schedule changes, which could result in a change of plan in your prebooked activities.
- No refund will be considered due in cases where you decide to interrupt your scuba diving holiday without a serious and proved reason which doesn’t allow you use pre-booked services.
A. Packages “Dive & Stay” (Individuals) :
- A fixed fee of 50 Euros will be charged in case of cancellation, up to the 15th day prior to the arrival date;
- From the 14 to 8 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the total booking amount will be charged;
- From the 7 to 1 day prior to the arrival date, 75% of the total booking amount will be charged;
- No show will be subject to full payment.
B. Scuba diving Activities (Individuals) :
- A fixed fee of 50 Euros will be charged in case of cancellation, up to the 15th day prior to the first day of diving activities;
- From the 14 to 5 days prior to the first day of diving activities, 10% of the total booking amount will be charged;
- From the 4 to the 2 days prior to the first day of diving activities, 30% of the total booking amount will be charged;
- Less than 2 days: 50% of the total booking amount will be charged.
C. Live aboard Safaris:
- up to 5 weeks prior to departure 25% of total payment (Deposit fortified)
- From 5 weeks prior to departure 35% of total payment
- From 4 weeks prior to departure 50% of total payment
- From 2 weeks prior to departure 100 % of total payment
Note: the above percentages are of the total booking cost, not on a deposit received.
BOOKINGS IN NORMAL, LOW AND SUMMER SEASON:
- at or up to 12 weeks prior departure 10% of total payment
- at or up to 8 weeks prior departure 25% of total payment
- at or up to 6 weeks prior departure 50% of total payment
- at or up to 3 weeks prior departure 75% of total payment
- at or up to 2 weeks prior departure 100% of total payment
BOOKINGS IN HIGH SEASON OR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS:
- 25% prepayment for booking in high season is non refundable
- at or up to 7 weeks prior departure 50% of total payment
- at or up to 5 weeks prior departure 75% of total payment
- at or up to 3 weeks prior departure 100% of total payment
Note: the above percentages are of the total booking cost, not on a deposit received.
D. Cancellation / Refund for Groups of 15 or more divers (hotel, diving, transfers):
- 30 days or more prior group arrival – a fixed fee of 50 € per person will be charged
- 29 – 15 days prior group arrival – 50% of the total booked services will be charged
- Less than 15 days prior arrival 100% of the booked services will be charged
- DURING STAY – No refund is provided in case when during the stay any pre-booked service is not used (fully or partially) by individual members of the group for any reason, including health issues.
Change/Cancellation upon Diving Center’s decision:
In such cases where it is impossible for Scorpion to provide prebooked services because of “unforeseen circumstances” (any circumstance or situation which are beyond our control, such as strikes, wars, terrorism, power cuts, industrial disputes etc.), or in case the Diving Center doesn’t provide the trip because the minimum number of participants has not been reached, the Diving Center will:
- Provide an alternative and equivalent service as per price and characteristics, if available;
- Realize part of the service and refund the non realized services;
- A complete refund of the total amount.
Scorpion strongly recommends, for your safety and your enjoyment, an orientation dive to be taken at the beginning of your diving holiday, especially in case you were not diving for an extended period and Red Sea is not your usual diving environment. This orientation dive will help you in gaining back confidence with diving and diving equipment, if you were not diving for a period, and in any case will help you in gaining confidence with the particular diving conditions you will face in Red Sea.
Whatever the diving certification you hold, in the event you haven’t been diving for one year or more we strongly recommend you to start your diving holiday with the refresher program of Padi, “Scuba Review”, in order to dive safely and enjoy your diving holiday as much as possible.
In case of adverse weather/sea conditions or in the case of existing dangers which leads to the cancellation of activities, we are not responsible for the interruption of you scuba diving activities. We will try our best, in any case, to let you have the minimum disruption in case of such events.
ACCURACY OF THE ADVERTISING INFORMATION
Wherever possible we, Scorpion updates the information (as courses, scuba diving, routes, timetable, etc.) on its website in as timely a manner as is possible. However there may be circumstances where our information is incorrect due to local conditions. Tours, excursions, boat cruises or daily trips could be modified because of particular local conditions as: weather, yearly religious recurrences, chiefs of state meeting, unexpected happenings etc. All the mentioned conditions could be the cause of ‘inevitable’ and ‘unusual’ anomalies that could modify all the published information on our brochures or on our website. As soon as we receive any information about short/long-time changes, we will do our best to inform you before your arrival.
We work hard to keep all our promotional material and websites up to date but should you notice anything that could be changed please feel free to inform as accordingly.
In case any event suggests that your behavior is not respectful of the diving center rules or damaging other’s people tranquility and fun, we reserve the right to refuse your booked services. In this case we will not consider any refund as due.
If you have, during your holiday, any complaint, we suggest you give it, as soon as possible, to the Diving Center Director on site, in order to let him/her find a solution as quickly and efficiently as possible. If the issue remains unsettled during your holiday, we invite you to send a written complaint to the Scorpion Director within 21 days from your holiday’s end. We will answer you within 7 days by email and within 30 days by post.
Mail to: email@example.com
We reserve the right to refuse or interrupt at any time, your scuba diving activities in event that you do not respect the environment or the rules of the National Marine Park of Ras Mohamed.
THE “Scorpion ” COMMITMENT TOWARDS YOU
If something about our organization or booked activities is not as in the brochure description or its standards don’t reach a reasonable level and this situation can be attributed to us, we will assume responsibility for this. We are not responsible in case of death, personal injuries or damage when they are not caused by our staff or supplier misdeed, and/or caused by non-compliance with the safety rules explained by our staff. We are not responsible in case of death, injuries and damages caused by unforeseeable events that, even with all the due attention, we couldn’t prevent or avoid.
THE “Scorpion” WEBSITE
Website Copyright: Scorpion owns the copyright of the materials inside this website. The access to the website doesn’t authorize you to copy and/or propagate such information in any way.